I rock so much that I bleed granite
– Mike Metcalfe
When’s the next Millennium?
>Ummmm 100 years?? or, later this year…
– Vendor and >myself re: the library system and it’s next update
Child 1 “Dinosaurs aren’t meant to be happy, they’re meant to be mean and angry”
Child 2 “But it doesn’t matter because it’s *fiction* “
– Children debating in class with Child 2 speaking matter-of-factly
Kia ora thewhaanga!
Now you know how to greet people in Māori
Can you plug me in?
>Sure. Love to.
– Kathryn Greenhill and >myself at Educause conference 2009 twittering sessions on our laptops, first time for me
You’re not here to make other people feel comfortable
– A friend with some supportive advice for me
*whispering* What’s a mare?
*whispering reply* > I think it’s someone who runs a town
– clueless people listening to a conversation about horses and mares
– Anon. re: when two colleagues disagree they engage in what
I’ll do a cyber-dance for you when you are done!
– Seonaid re: my assignment deadline in 15mins
Oh, you found your bottom!
>Yes, it was behind me…
– Colleague re: the lid to my USB stick, and >my terrible pun
You know foundation….?
>me <blank stare>
– a girlfriend trying to explain makeup to me
But wait; there’s more!
– colleague about the regular patron who has 5 kids under 9 years old.
It’s not as easy now as it was in your day
– a slightly younger colleague
I don’t do gravity
– snail, after spilling a glass of water twice
I think that’s called denial. It’s not just a river in Egypt.
– Pete on my assignment when I’m playing on the iPad
Imaginary iPad’s can change the world
Oooh look at that – I have a lot of beer left in my glass. This conversation [with you] has been very sobering
– A friend after 3 beers
I’m eating a fairytale for dinner
– Hana re: “The three little pigs” pizza at One Red Dog
Welcome to the 4th revised edition
– Unity Books sandwich board (upgraded premises)
You may consult with one person only
>And what if that person is Twitter?